Ayurveda treatment for Eyes at Sreedhareeyam
Eye treatment based on Ayurveda was not so popular the world over. However, with the concept that “Sarvendreeyanam Nayanam Pradhanam” (of all, eye is the most vital), we started exploring all possibilities for effectively utilizing the vast traditional knowledge in Ayurveda that our family “Nelliakkattu Mana” handed down through centuries, especially in Shalakya Tantra.
The Ayurvedic texts of Sushrut Samhita, Charak Samhita and Ashtang Hruday have given a detailed description of shalakya tantra. It offers a detailed study of etiology, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases that affect organs above the neck. According to the texts, there are about 76 diseases pertaining to the eyes
Sreedhareeyam specializes in Shalakya Tantra, and especially Netra Chikitsa (Treatment of Eye Diseases) aided by extensive knowledge that was handed down in the family through the ages and polished with clinical experience.
Walk into Sreedhareeyam, and you find the latest of diagnostic equipment. It’s clinical and Optometry laboratories are equipped with most modern diagnostic instruments.
Patients are examined by doctors using this equipment, and the diseases are identified. The diseases are reported in the terms used by modern medicine thus making it easier to document and follow up.
In the next stage, the identified disease is transformed into its Ayurvedic equivalent, by the senior doctors. The Ayurvedic treatment then starts. The treatment goes through several phases from preparing the body, removing toxins, herbal therapy and final crackdown of treatments to the affected regions.
Our method reduces over-dependence on any particular system in use and common as well as rare diseases get treated with unparalleled success.
With a legacy spanning more than four hundred years, Sreedhareeyam strives to provide Ayurvedic treatments in its authentic way. The hospital has been set in a way to offer Ayurvedic treatments in its traditional way along with all the modern facilities.
Over the years, Sreedhareeyam has evolved into the world`s largest super speciality Ayurvedic hospital for vision impairments and is renowned for the high standard personal care services it provides.
The campus has all the amenities for the patients and visitors to offer them the best possible healing experience.
Sreedhareeyam is the only super speciality eye hospital in Ayurveda and every year about 52,000 Out-patients and around 4800 In-patients undergo treatment here.
All the doctors here are professionally qualified, but at the same time, enriched with the traditional collection of knowledge scriptures in Nellikkattu Mana. All the medicines and treatment methods are constantly evaluated through continuous research and clinical study centres, which subsequently perfected the methods in use.
he facilities include high-standard fully furnished accommodation including Villas, Cottages, Air-conditioned rooms, Normal rooms, Dormitory, an exclusive vegetarian restaurant serving hygienic dietary food, Internet / Wi-Fi access, transportation, Yoga and physiotherapy centre, well-equipped seminar/conference halls, along with the state-of-the-art infrastructure backed by high standard diagnostic facilities and unparalleled treatment methods.
For the convenience of our patients and bystanders, we are equipped with different categories of affordable accommodation.
Location of Sreedhareeyam: Set in the middle of sprawling 50 acres of pristine natural beauty in a picturesque and peaceful rural environment, this wellness retreat is a mere 52 kms (1 hour 20 mins) from the Cochin International Airport.
Fact File :
|Location||:||Koothattukulam, Kerala, India|
|Accommodation||:||Suite, Cottage,Villa and Guest House|
|Nearest International Airport||:||Cochin / COK (~52 kms) / 1 hr 20 mins|
Why Sreedhareeyam, Koothattukulam, Kerala?
- Treats and cures many eye problems which are not normally curable by other medical sciences.
- Accredited with NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Health Care providers.
- Recognized as a Centre of Excellence for Ayurvedic Opthalmology by AYUSH ministry of Government of India
- Green leaf certification from Kerala government - highest quality assurance
- Sreedhareeyam Ayurvedic Eye Hospital and Research centre is ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Won Six Sigma Healthcare Excellence Award for he Best Ayurveda Hospital (Considered the “OSCAR OF INDIAN HEALTHCARE”) in 2015
- Won the award for best ayurveda hospital conferred by Ayurveda Hospital Management Association (AHMA) in 2009
Sreedhareeyam, Koothattukulam, Kerala has
- A modern laboratory with latest diagnostic equipment and a medicine-manufacturing unit.
- Qualified team of Ayurvedic Clinicians and Therapists.
- Exclusive Yoga Club
- Four well equipped Ayurveda therapy rooms.
- In house medicine production unit.
- Common swimming pool.
What is included in the treatment
The treatment approach for the health programs varies according to the severity of the case and general inclusions are listed below:
- Welcome Drink on Arrival.
- Accommodation for 14 nights as per chosen option.
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner - Veg. only).
- A combination of these treatments: abhyanga, swedana(sudation),patrapinda, dry potli massage,navarakkizhi and basti etc.
- Group Yoga session daily.
- Use of Swimming pool, Library. Gym and all Indoor & Outdoor Facilities.
- Return airport transfers from Cochin International Airport (COK).
** Exact program may differ and will be tailored to your requirement basis consultation with a Wellness Physician, on arrival.
What is NOT included in the treatment
- Flight tickets (optional & chargeable basis).
- Visa (optional & chargeable basis).
- Meals and activities not mentioned in inclusions.
- Personal Expenses.
- Being an NABH approved Ayurveda Centre, you can get treatment and claim insurance** for eligible diseases.
- This is the best Ayurveda Center if you are looking to treat Refractive Errors (Myopia, Hyperopia, Presbyopia, Astigmatism) , Retinitis Pigmentosa and Diabetic Retinopathy.
- You can also consider this retreat if you are in search of the treatment for Glaucoma, Cataract, Age-related Macular Degeneration (ARMD), Optic neuropathy / Toxic Optic Neuropathy, Uveitis, Keratoconus, Squint Eye, Eales disease and Chronic Dry Eye.
- Apart from the diseases of the eye, Sreedhareeyam has a separate division called Soubhadram which handles all the ailments pertaining to skin, bones, muscle injuries and age-related ailments including Arthritis and other Musculoskeletal Disorders, Diabetes, Diabetes Neuropathy, Varicose veins, Gynaecological Disorders, Mental Illnesses and Dementia etc
- .Take home a relaxed, healthier and happier you with easy-to-use guidance that maintain wellness for lifelong.
- Yogic / Ayurveda and Satvic vegetarian cuisine to improve your health.
** As per your policy terms and conditions.
Given below is a tentative schedule followed every day of your stay at the Retreat. Exact plan will be briefed to you once you arrive at the Resort.
- Wake up
- Group Yoga Session
- Ayurveda / Satvik Vegetarian Breakfast
- Personal lifestyle and fitness evaluation
- Ayurvedic Therapy
- Ayurveda / Satvik Vegetarian Lunch
- Ayurvedic Therapy
- Ayurveda / Satvik Vegetarian Dinner
- Bed Time