Ayurveda treatment for Paralysis at Satmaya Retreat
According to Ayurveda all neuromuscular disorders come under a common heading called as Vata vyadhi. These neuromuscular disorders are various kinds of diseases that are caused due to aggravated Vata Dosha. Pakshaghata (paralysis), Avabahuka (frozen shoulder), Slipped disc, Grudhrasi (sciatica), Hyper or hypo movement of limbs, Muscular dystrophy etc all come under this head. There are many causative factors for these type of diseases and they include excessive exercises, carrying excessive loads, old age, accidents, sedentary habits, improper diet that is diet which will vitiate vata dosha.
All these factors aggravate Vata Dosha which in turn gets lodged in weak part of the body that may be a joint or any other part like spine. Majority of Vata vyadhi can be diagnosed by symptoms like joint pain, restricted/ loss of movements, stiffness, tingling numbness, crepitus & others.
Ayurveda has described treatment for these diseases extensively by means of internal medication as well as external (Panchakarma) therapies like Abhyanga, Swedana (Sudation), Patrapinda and Dry Potli massage , Navarakizhi, Basti (Enema therapy) etc.
These treatments act by nourishing weak parts of body as well as by pacifying the vitiated Vata Dosha. Along with these treatments, Yogasana help by strengthening of body parts which are affected in Vata vyadhi.Special diet management and lifestyle management according to principles of Ayurveda is also needed to be followed to enhance effects of medicines and also to stop further deterioration of the condition.
About Satmaya Ayurveda Retreat (part of Parathuvayalil Ayurveda Hospital):
Literal meaning of SATMAYA , a Sanskrit word is "ULTIMATE TRUTH". SATMAYA Retreat is the premium extension of PARATHUVAYALIL Ayurveda Hospital, a 50 year old traditional treatment centre, led by a well-known third generation Ayurvedic Physician Dr. Pathrose Parathuvayalil who is a qualified post graduate in MARMA CHIKITSA (Ayurvedic Orthopedics). Dr Pathrose through his 40 years service to ailing community has developed certain innovative techniques and treatments in treating joint related problems especially lower back and disc related issues.
The clinical team is supported by qualified team of Ayurvedic therapists and modern physiotherapists. A well set Clinical Lab, X Ray unit with ECG facility and causality unit to handle emergency medical condition are the highlights of our centre.
SATMAYA stands apart with its rich tradition of Ayurveda. But what makes it unique is the integration of Ayurveda with modern technology and medical knowledge. We have blended the best components of modern diagnostic tools like X-ray, Clinical Laboratory, Physiotherapy and Emergency medical unit without compromising the traditional values of AYURVEDA.
All the classical Ayurveda medicines and oils that are used and provided to our guests are prepared in our own ISO & GMP certified factory. Herbs that are used are locally cultivated and collected from the hills of Western Ghats. The factory is supported by a state of the art R & D and quality control laboratory.
Location of Satmaya Ayurveda Retreat: Set in two acres land in a serene and green ambience, this wellness retreat is a mere 21 km from the Cochin International Airport.
Fact File :
|Established||:||1955 (Parathuvayalil Hospital)|
|Location||:||Keezhillam, Kerala, India|
|Accommodation||:||Private Room, Independent Cottage and Independent Cottage with Private Pool|
|Nearest International Airport||:||Cochin (~21 kms)|
Why Satmaya Ayurveda Retreat, Keezhillam?
- India's first ISO 9001-2000 Certified Ayurvedic Hospital
- Led by a renowned Ayurveda Physician with over 40 years of experience
- Accredited with NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Health Care providers.
- Qualified team of Ayurvedic Clinicians and Therapists.
- Modern facilities like X-ray lab, Clinic lab and ECG for proper diagnosis.
Satmaya Ayurveda Retreat has
- Modern physiotherapy centre for rehabilitation of Orthopedic and Neurologial patients.
- Support of modern medical doctors including the service of an Orthopedic surgeon for emergency care.
- Four well equipped Ayurveda therapy rooms.
- In house medicine production unit.
- Common swimming pool as per International Standards.
- Walkways, Open Yoga theatre, Artificial caves and Waterfalls.
What is included in the treatment
- Welcome Drink on Arrival.
- Accommodation for 14 nights as per chosen option.
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner - Veg. only).
- A combination of these treatments: abhyanga, swedana(sudation),patrapinda, dry potli massage,navarakkizhi and basti etc.
- Group Yoga session daily.
- Return airport transfers from Cochin International Airport (COK).
** Exact program may differ and will be tailored to your requirement basis consultation with a Wellness Physician, on arrival.
What is NOT included in the treatment
- Flight tickets (optional & chargeable basis).
- Visa (optional & chargeable basis).
- Meals and activities not mentioned in inclusions.
- Personal Expenses.
- This treatment is suitable if you are looking to treat neuromuscular disorders like Pakshaghata (paralysis), Multiple Sclerosis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Avabahuka (frozen shoulder), Slipped disc and Grudhrasi (sciatica).
- Also suitable for Hyper or hypo movement of limbs, Muscular dystrophy etc..
- Take home a relaxed, healthier and happier you with easy-to-use guidance that maintain wellness for lifelong.
- Yogic / Ayurveda and Satvic vegetarian cuisine to improve your health.
Given below is a tentative schedule followed every day of your stay at the Retreat. Exact plan will be briefed to you once you arrive at the Resort.
- Wake up
- Group Yoga Session
- Ayurveda / Satvik Vegetarian Breakfast
- Personal lifestyle and fitness evaluation
- Ayurvedic Therapy
- Ayurveda / Satvik Vegetarian Lunch
- Ayurvedic Therapy
- Ayurveda / Satvik Vegetarian Dinner
- Bed Time